www.morethancure.com (the "Service") is operated by DJ DataLab LLC, a company registered in California, United States.
All of the different forms of data, content, and information described below are collectively referred to as "information". The data identifies you personally is referred to as"personal information". "Sensitive personal information" is the personal information relates to your physical or mental health or condition. When we process your information to remove personal information, the resulting information is "de-identified information".
- Our approach
We believe that individuals have a key role in engaging with their own healthcare. We believe that better health outcomes for individuals can be achieved by us:
- providing secure and confidential electronic communication tools between individuals and their healthcare professionals; and
- providing the opportunity for individuals to access networks of other organisations and individuals with experience in managing particular health conditions with the sharing of personal information based on the informed consent of those individuals; and
- providing de-identified information (including but not limited to information about Conditions, Allergies, Medications, Age, Sex and Region) to better inform public health decision making, and also to enable you to take advantage of a variety of applications developed by third parties to assist with the management of your own health conditions by you together with your healthcare professional(s).
- encrypt and protect certain elements of information in your account on the Service that should remain completely confidential (for example personal information and communications directly between you and your healthcare professionals), so that not even we have access to that information;
- provide social networking tools with a view to sharing best practice and providing support between you and others with the same health conditions; and
- process your personal information to de-identify and aggregate it (protecting your privacy) and provide that de-identified information to third parties for a variety of purposes including but not limited to informing decisions about public health interventions and health resource planning.
- Security of your information
Your information held in the Service is stored on servers within the United States. We guard your privacy using recommendations of industry leading security professionals and strict security features.
- You are in control of your personal health information
You control who (if anyone) can access your personal information. The information held within your account on the Service is yours, and you grant us a licence to use it and process it in accordance with this policy.
By default, you are the only user who can view and edit your information. If you choose to, you can share your information or parts of it with your healthcare professionals, or with others in your social support or care network. Some features of the Service enable you to permit others to add and edit your information.
By default your privacy settings make your personal information available only to you. You can use the Service to make certain elements of your personal information available to third parties, and if you choose to do that you are responsible for checking the privacy policies of that third party and for using tools that we provide you to help you manage such access.
We will never share your personal information (or any of your information that has not been de-identified by the removal of personally identifiable information) without your consent, unless required to do so by law or in compliance with HIPAA regulation.
For information that we have de-identified and aggregated (in such a way that it cannot identify you personally and is therefore no longer information personal to you), you consent to us transferring that de-identified information and/or statistics prepared based on that de-identified information to third parties including the HIPAA authority and other third parties throughout the world, for purposes including but not limited to the provision of products and services to assist with the prevention of health issues and the management of them.
For the avoidance of doubt, we will never sell any of your personal information (containing data capable of identifying you as an individual) to anyone, anywhere.
- Information we may collect from you
Encryption: We encrypt your personal information, including but not limited to your name, contact details, date of birth, and any ID number on creation of your account within the Service.
We may collect and process the following information:
- Information that you provide by adding information to the Service. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Service, posting material or requesting further services.
- Correspondence between you and your healthcare professional (although this is held in an encrypted form accessible only by you and that healthcare professional).
- Posts and information that you choose to share with other individuals or organizations, or information that you choose to make public.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to:
- Interaction Information: When you use the Service, we automatically record information from your Device, its software, and your activity using the Services. This may include the Device's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, the web page visited before you came to our website, information you search for on our Service, locale preferences, identification numbers associated with your Devices, your mobile carrier, date and time stamps associated with transactions, system configuration information, and other interactions with the Service.
- Geo-Location Information: Some Devices allow applications to access real-time location-based information (for example, GPS). When applications are able to use this information, they will request your consent to use of that data for the purpose of improving the Service. Photographs or video files uploaded to the Service may contain recorded location information. Also, some of the information we collect from a Device, for example IP address, can sometimes be used to approximate the location of a Device. We may use this information to optimize your experience.
- session_id: Created by the Service and used to to identify a session over HTTPS only.
- mtc_id: Created by the Service and used to to identify a session over HTTPS only.
- Sharing your information with people and services you trust
If you share your information with others, you can view a list of who has access to your information and you can revoke sharing privileges at any time.
Please consider carefully what you choose to share or make public. We have no responsibility for that activity. Any information you choose to share should reflect how much you want others to know about you. Please consider carefully what information you disclose and your desired level of anonymity. You can review and revise your information at any time. We may also share or disclose your information with your consent, for example if you use a third party application to access your account (see below). Through certain features of the Service, you may also have the ability to make some of your information public. Public information may be broadly and quickly disseminated.
When you revoke someone's ability to read your health information, that party will no longer be able to read your information, but may have already seen or may retain a copy of the information.
The Service contains links to third-party service providers that are capable of securely interacting with your Service account. These service providers (which may include your medical providers) may provide information about certain medical conditions or extend the functionality of the Service in other ways. Before interacting with external providers you will have the opportunity of checking which information would be transferred between you both before you proceed.
If you do not use the Service for 60 days, your account will be set to inactive and locked for security purposes, meaning that it will not be visible to other users or the outside world except for healthcare professionals.
- How we use your information
Provision of Service: We use your information to be able to provide you with the Service.
Encryption: We encrypt your personal information, including but not limited to your name, contact details, date of birth, and ID number on creation of your account within the Service.
Review of public posts: We may choose to review content that you choose to make public, for compliance with our guidelines, but you acknowledge that we have no obligation to monitor any information. We are not responsible for the accuracy, completeness, appropriateness, or legality of files, user posts, or any other information you may be able to access using the Service.
Management of the Service: We may use certain trusted third party companies and individuals to help us provide, analyze, and improve the Service (including but not limited to data storage, maintenance services, database management, web analytics). These third parties may have access to de-identified information for the purposes of performing these tasks on our behalf but due to the security architecture of the Service, these third parties will never have access to personal information.
Non-private or Non-Personal Information: We may disclose your non-private, aggregated, or otherwise non-personal information. Aggregated data sets will never contain any personal information.
Compliance with Laws: We may disclose your information when we have a good faith belief that disclosure is reasonably necessary to
- comply with a law, regulation or compulsory legal request;
- protect the safety of any person from death or serious bodily injury;
- prevent fraud or abuse; or
- to protect our rights.
- Your rights to your information
You have a right to require us to disclose to you, your personal information that we hold.
- Deletion of information in your account
Although we would much rather you stay, you can stop using the Service at any time.
If you choose to close your account on the Service, the encrypted personal information within your account will be deleted using a process that is initiated immediately. Additional backup copies of deleted information may persist for a short time.
The following information will not be deleted when you close your account:
- any encrypted confidential communications between you and your healthcare professional(s), because the healthcare professionals have professional obligations to preserve their own copy of their interactions with you;
- information that you have in common with other users (such as communications between you and other users or public posts made by you), because this data is associated with accounts other than your own;
- the de-identified information that remains after deleting your encrypted personal information, because this is no longer personal information; and
- information that had already been de-identified and/or aggregated prior to processing your closure request because this information cannot be re-associated with your personal information and therefore cannot be deleted.